What We Know
O’Neill Communications is seeking a Communications and Graphic Design, Manager to join its dynamic, growing team. This talented individual is a seasoned professional that develops creative for a wide range of marketing campaigns, digital initiatives and communications. This person will voice creative rationale, possess a great attention to detail and successfully meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the strategic design, implementation, and management of the organization’s communication strategies, including graphic design and digital communications for the agency’s clients. We are seeking an experienced designer with a portfolio that reflects expertise in print and digital, with proficiencies in front-end web design and other digital design.
This position reports to the firm’s Creative Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the Creative Director, Social Media Manager, IT team, and Account Manager to manage various creative and outreach campaigns and to ensure successful coordination of internal and external communications for clients
- Collaborate with the IT team to update, improve, and maintain clients’ websites
- Manage graphic design requests from concept to delivery and ensure the translation of marketing objectives into dynamic creative strategies
- Design creative strategies that enhance marketing campaigns, digital initiatives and communications (e.g., logo development, presentations, electronic forms, brochures, promotional materials, publications, social media graphics, print/digital advertisements)
- Design, develop and layout digital-to-print publications - booklets, brochures, reports, infographics, e-magazines, etc.
- Develop strong front-end web design concepts in collaboration with the content and digital campaigns
- Actively participate in internal kick-offs, brainstorming sessions and reviews
- Create and distribute email and other communications for clients
- Work with team to update and maintain the use of brand guidelines for clients (style guide, logos, stationary, etc.)
- Support Communications team with various administrative needs
- Juggle multiple projects while working with a range of clients
- Serve as a point person between external vendors
- Keep up to date on trends in design and technology to enhance offerings to client
- Consistently raise the creative bar and design solutions
- Interested in personal professional development and industry growth
- Minimum of 5 years validated experience in a Graphic Designer role – agency experience or exciting corporate marketing department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, or PR preferred
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, MS Office, G-Suite
- Familiarity with Canva, Vyond, Premiere a plus
- Website content management system experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in design applied to web, digital and print media in support of integrated marketing communications programs
- Strong knowledge of current digital platforms
- Strong conceptual thinker and creative problem solver
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality is a requirement
- Extensive experience and proficiency with current graphic design software and tools, practices and procedures including
- Adobe Suite - Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat),
- MS Suite - Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, Keynote and others
- Canva, Vyond/Animoto
- Proficient in CMS platforms – Wordpress, Joomla, WebFlow
- Proficient in email marketing platforms - Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Pardot, HubSpot, etc.
- Understanding of, and ability to design for, current social media platforms
- Strong knowledge of layout, graphic fundamentals, typography, possibilities and limitations of media
- Organizational skills: Ability to prioritize assignments, and work successfully in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent communication and client management skills; self-motivated and collaborative; and has a can-do attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate on qualifcations and experience.
- Hybrid work schedule, in office and remote.
- Healthcare Benefits (Health, Vision, and Dental)
- Paid vacations
- Professional Development Opportunities
To apply, send your resume and introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Communications and Graphic Design, Manager" in the subject line.
About O’Neill Communications:
Who We Are
Founded in 1987, O’Neill Communications is an award-winning interactive marketing agency that creates, manages and implements interactive marketing and communications campaigns for clients in nonprofits, government and small to medium-size businesses. Our office is located in the Perimeter area.
We’re a small, but mighty team that loves to collaborate, help and support our clients in every way possible. The firm thrives on the entrepreneurial spirit it was founded upon – one of creativity, energy and building relationships. An ideal team member is energetic, creative, comes with a can-do and can-try attitude, has a great sense of humor, strong work ethic, takes initiative and is open to wearing multiple hats. This is ideal for someone who thrives in a small business/startup setting, and enjoys versatility, learning and growing.
- Published: 10 February 2021