What We Know
Our firm is responsible for creating and sustaining strong, robust digital and print communications programs for varied clients. As our firm grows, O’Neill Communications is seeking a dynamic individual who will contribute and collaborate to enhance our clients’ and the firm through communication strategies. This entrepreneurial individual will join our team as our Communications Coordinator. In this role, you will work to implement our clients’ digital and print media strategy, including gathering, developing and scheduling content for distribution across various channels - print and digital. This role also supports some administrative and engagement tasks for the firm and reports to the Vice President, Account Services. This is a full-time position and on-site in our Marietta office (Powers Ferry Road).
1. Assist in managing and coordinating digital platforms, publishing quality material for our clients’ brands and messages.
- Work in coordination with the Account Manager on web content management, including regular informational updates
- Drive energy and creativity into social media
- Create engaging social media content for various platforms and various clients
- Assist in managing social media channels for various clients
- Develop e-mail marketing campaigns and newsletters
- Work with team to develop editorial calendar for monthly newsletters
- Write and coordindate distribution for our clients’ email marketing campaigns and newsletters
- Produce content for blogs
- Plan out and create compelling, multimedia blog content that conveys our clients’ brand message and raises awareness
- Report and analyze metrics against key performance indicators
2. Work with our team to pursue and develop great stories with a strong calls to action, gather news on client initiatives and work with partner organizations to raise the profile of our clients and their brands. The Communications Coordinator will:
- Coordinate projects with other account managers, creative team and leadership
- Develop ideas for content creation (blog campaign, video campaigns, social media campaigns, etc)
- Assist with planning and logistics for communications projects such as interviews, photo and video shoots
- Act as a reporter and gather material in the field as needed
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews, capture photos and video to tell the stories in an engaging manner
- Write short and long-form articles for print communications piece
Our Communications Coordinator is a strong communicator with feature writing/journalistic experience and has a keen understanding of what works in digital and print media. A successful candidate is deadline- and detail-oriented. A person in this role will succeed if they are a good time manager and independent worker, flexible, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic. The new team member is someone who is eager to learn, grow with our company and is able to wear many hats. We seek a dynamic collaborator who has a good sense of humor, wiling to go the extra mile, and is collaborative to make our clients and our firm shine.
Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience in journalism, PR, corporate communications, community outreach, or media production with emphasis on applying journalistic storytelling principles to content marketing
- Strong feature and copy writing experience
- Direct experience with managing social media and digital marketing channels
- Experience with website CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, etc); e-mail marketing platform (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc); content scheduling (Hootsuite); Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products, including Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competency with a photo and video camera is a strong plus
This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus full benefits package.
Submit the following as a single PDF to Devika Rao, Vice President, Account Services at email@example.com with "Application: Communications Coordinator" in subject line.
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Two writing samples with a paragraph of supporting background narrative on your communications strategy for each. At least one should be a feature article. This can also include press releases.
- Two samples of copywriting for each of the following social media channels with paragraph of supporting background narrative on your communications strategy for each:
- Facebook for business
- Instagram for business
- Twitter for business
Application deadline is February 20, 2017.
- Written by Super User
- Published: 05 January 2017